Wednesday 31 January 2007

Re-provisioning a line from another exchange

I have been told after the last engineer visit that we are simply too far from St Albans exchange for ADSL to work.

Whilst I would query the 'too far' bit, I do accept that the quality of the lines are so poor that I am unlikely to get a service from St Albans at the moment.

I am frustrated that the 'V' cable to my local cabinet is so poor that at just over 4km the line loss is 61dB. I also do not quite understand how myself and neighbours have had service (for significant periods of time) but it now appears impossible to provide one now.

The engineers that visited to check my line did state that we are actually closer to the Garston exchange than St Albans and he had got a neighboor working from that exchange just recently.

We are going to try and get the line re-provisioned from Garston rather than St Albans